1979 Trojan F-36 $21k OBO SOLD!

Bruce Herrington

After 7 wonderful years with Grace, we decided to downsize, prepare for retirement, and buy a smaller boat to haul the grandkids and their water toys in.

An ad with pics is on craig's list & boat trader.

The boat is a 36 footer with a 13' beam; twin FWC Crusader 454's at 350 HP each. We've put between 500 - 600 hours on it. The hour meters show 900 and 1300, but I'm sure that includes time on the original Chrysler engines, replaced in 2002, per previous owner.

Replaced the old points/distributor with Davis D.U.I. distributor; replaced carb on port engine and fuel pump.

Both Borg Warner Velvet Drive trannys have been rebuilt with the past 7 years, starboard one just 4 years ago.

Both 16k BTU AC units work very well.

Boat's in very good running condition and looks good too. The cockpit has been painted and all the canvas replaced 11/17.

Typing all this on a phone is a pain, will add more when I get to a computer.

No reasonable offer refused. I plan to sell the boat to the first person who genuinely wants it.

Cell #252-207-2400

Bruce Herrington

So far all inquiries received have been from craig’s list; the 2 sites I paid to advertise on have rendered nothing.

If the boat passes the wife test today and the engines pass compression test tomorrow, boat will be sold.

Thanks to each of the 69, uh 72, folks who read the ad on BE.

Bruce Herrington

Thanks, trying to make that happen. Buyer backed out, must have scared him off explaining the amount of work required to keep a ‘79 in this condition.

In his defense, he’d never owned a boat this size before.

Bruce Herrington

Sold the boat today. I heard that the happiest days were the day you bought a boat and the day you sold it. But, I feel kinda sad; the ol' girl ran great.

VTBoater

exMember
Congratulations on the sale! Just wanted to pass on my experience in case it helps anyone learn something.
So I could not accept being done boating yet and bought a 1990 Regal Commodore 265 in May. Thought it was pretty turn key, no such thing on an older boat. Thought I could sleep on it and like it, it was way more difficult to deal with a small boat again than I thought (after owning a 37 aft cabin). We spent one night on it and had it for sale the next day. It is now sold.

Bruce Herrington

Thanks, VT.

I can see how going to a smaller cruiser can make you miss the larger boat, but our reasons for owning a twin engine cruiser no longer exist.

The 23’ CC with a single OB suits us just fine.