454 Crusaders topping out at 3600 RPMs at sea trial

Bruce Herrington

The hardest part about fixing up a boat for me was remaining at the dock on those beautiful weather days.. I wish you luck, Ernesto. :cool:

Veg

The hardest part about fixing up a boat for me was remaining at the dock on those beautiful weather days.. I wish you luck, Ernesto. :cool:
Haha indeed. That said, we haven't even listed the Tiara yet so there's a chance it won't have sold by then. Not that I'm wishing myself bad luck in selling a boat. :D

Nancy

Ernesto, who are you kidding? That Tiara is going to sell in a nanosecond. My crystal ball shows a shift in your strategy by the fourth of July. o_O

Bt Doctur

I see nothing about a compression test and timing check ,setting, and advancing curve.
Service a 28 coastal with VDr, SBC with over 2K hours and have a better WOT than yours

Veg

All - wanted to circle back on this. I had the props re-pitched. They were able to knock them down a to 19x18. We finally ran them at WOT last weekend and they reached 4200. Running generally well on the two little runs we've given them, with a few things that I'll need to figure out as expected. We're putting Delco electronic ignition now, will get them tuned etc. But since the original Crusader manuals state a WOT range of 4200 to 4400 for these, I think we're good for the time being.

IMG_9395.jpg

Last edited: