Anybody been.....

Sure, quite a bit this year, I think 4 or 5 trips totaling a couple of months. Exumas mostly with stops in the Biminis Berrys, and a side trip to Eleuthera

Why?

We came back last March. Getting more crowded in the Abacos.

I just like to read stories of folks who have been there.

Roy

I will say the outer islands, or Abacos, were our favorite. While they have become more popular and expensive, the boating was easier in a small runabout and there were plenty of places to go with it.
Pascal will rave about the Exumas and justifiably so. But you either have to be self sufficient (for the most part) or, willing to pay for a charter.

I know.... I am still amazed by the exumas and after all these years we still discover beaches, sandbars and anchorages....abacos just don't do it for me.

Yes, you have to be self sufficient but with a little planning like an inverter (or good Genset) and watermaker you can really get an out of this world experience. When you think about it, th cost of a watermaker is only a fraction boat and overall costs. :)

Actually on a 40 footer or there-abouts solar and a large battery bank combined with a good genny would do the trick much better. I do agree a water maker and genny are the minimum, and AC-DC refrigeration as well.

Spent 2 months there so far this year. Head over for all of July next week.

You need to get out and over Roy. :)

Sitting in the Abacos right now. Arrived at Treasure Cay last night after almost a week at Green Turtle Cay. Not too crowded at all, depends on which marina. Next stop Elbow Cay. Then on to Nassau, the Exumas, a few days at Atlantis and a change of visitors. Then Harbor Island and Eleuthra before heading back at the beginning of August.

I find the Abacos, Exumas and Harbor island to all be so different. We like them all in different ways. Lots of small villages and towns to visit in the Abacos and diving and offshore fishing is just a mile or two offshore. The Exumas with the amazing water clarity is much less developed and all activities are centered around the water. Harbor Island is somewhere in between.

Capt Bill, what boat are you on and where are you visiting?

Now they have a swimming pig island in the Abacos and an uninhabited island with rays and small sharks you can hand feed.

The pigs are the "main attraction" now in the Bahamas. Sick.

Yeah it's really silly but it means people miss the good stuff :). Problem is that the pigs are getting lazy... They are entitled now. Don't swim much, just wait on the beach for their food to be handed over. Like food stamp recipients :)

Worst are the tourists taking selfies with them lying on the beach where they p&s :)

Works for me. Let them hang together. LMAO

The
quote:

Originally posted by Silver Lining

Capt Bill, what boat are you on and where are you visiting?

I'm on a 82' Horizon and we tow a 34' Grady White.

I'm in Atlantis right now. Then HI, then the Abacos, then back to HI then down to the Exumas.

Back