Boat Detailer Anchorage Yacht Club

walterv

RO Number
I was using Victor to clean and wax my boat; he has insurance problems again and has not been allowed in the Anchorage for the last 3 or 4 weeks.
I have used a company called Waves and Wheels and must say that out of all the companies I have ever used, his company is by far the best. Because he is based in Nassau County, to come down to do just one boat (At The Anchorage), is costly. Since Victor is gone, I am trying to round up as many boaters as I can to use Waves and Wheels services. I am thinking we can all get better pricing if he sends a crew to clean and or detail multiple boats at one time.

Please post if you are interested and for what services: weekly cleaning, bi-weekly cleaning, detailing, and shrink-wrap.

Once I see if there is enough interest, I will contact WW and see what kind of special pricing we could get. I already spoke to the owner (Dean) about the idea, and got a thumbs up.

Waves & Wheels Inc
(516) 867-5103
153 Hudson Ave
Freeport, NY

I might be interested in detailing next spring and shrink wrap this fall.

Will he come to the house and do my boat ??? . Can he do BELOW the rub rail ?? I'd like to get it done before I wrap.

Don,
Not sure anyone could do below the rub rail unless they have a boat. Have you had this done before while the boat is in the water?

When I had my inflatable.....I did it myself....a few times. Its a real PITA !!

Squiggy's Marine Service did my boat this spring... awesome price, service and timing. Now have them every 2 weeks for exterior cleaning. Very happy.

I am new to the Anchorage Yacht Club and was wondering if there is a list of boat detailers that are allowed to go on the premises. I was using Dean from Waves and Wheels in the past. I wanted to have the boat washed every other week. Also when I put my boat there last weekend I saw Prestige Detailing vans on the premises. Anyone have an opinion of them. Thanks

Prestige is Victor, I am using him.
Other detailer allowed in is Crystal Shine, Jose.

Both are equal on qaulity and price. I recently switched from Jose to Victor because Victor gave me better pricing. You can pit them against each other and work the price but sometimes it will come down to who can get to you first if in a rush.

Other detailers are allowed in as long as they show the proof of insurance.
I have seen others in there, but Victor and Jose pretty much have the bulk of it from prior customers.

ok thanks guys. Do you have the number for him?

Prestige is Victor, Victor is Prestige -- The only way to go..

Victor doing my boat again this year.
Last Year he did a great job but the shine didn't last thru the season.
This year I may see if I can get it waxed below rubrail in the water if possible.
The colored hulls really need alot of wax.

Victor says he is trying a new type of wax this year. Should last the season??? Ask him...

Anyone know if Victor is still around? He waxed my hull in the beginning of the season but never completed the boat and did the topside for me? I've tried calling and texting with no luck. I've have used him the past 2 years with no issues but it's now going into July and my topside hasn't been done yet. Is he still working at the Anchorage?

Back