Boat Transport

Veg

RO Number
My third boat transport experience, and it went smoothly. After 13 years of having this boat on the St Croix and Mississippi rivers, just had it moved to Bayfield, WI.

Cross Country Boat Transport was very easy to work with... Below is the boat prior to loading yesterday, and an image that I just received showing it arriving at the destination... (Talk about a trailer that makes this boat look TINY.)

I was concerned about the uncovered transport during a full night of heavy storms, I imagined water making its way into the cabin through the companionway door (usually under canvas)... but the marina confirmed that the cabin was completely dry. They're working on some electronics upgrades for me over the next couple weeks, but really looking forward to boating on open water again.

Fun fact: Did you know that some states will only register your boat if you paid sales tax when you bought it, regardless of how long ago that was? Minnesota doesn't require sales tax on private boat sale transactions, but WI does... So I recently paid sales tax on my 2008 transaction, to register the boat in WI!

IMG-7857.jpg
IMG-7875.JPG

Reactions: Cam
That DOES look like a tiny boat! :)

Why couldn't you have kept the registration in MN?

Hey Ernesto -- I was wondering the same thing about leaving the registration in MN.
Glad the move went well . . . looking forward to seeing photos of your summer cruising grounds.

I could boat in WI waters for up to 60 consecutive days with a Minnesota registration. But because I am docking the boat in WI for the full boating season (and at least the next one too), that was not an option.

Nice looking boat! I guess they had to get wide load permits.

Back