Diesel Aftercooler Service

destination unknown

Can anyone advise who they use to service their Diesel after coolers.

I pulled them off of my 450C Cummins. I need them pulled apart, cleaned reassembled and pressure tested.

Also if you have had it done the cost.

Looking for someone in the Nassau / Suffolk area.

Thanks

pdecat

Send them to sbmar.com for someone who really knows what to do.

JVM225

Not sure if it’s the kind of thing you want to try to tackle yourself in the off season but I helped a friend do his at his dock this summer and was surprised at how relatively easy they were to do. It took a few hours to take everything apart and get it back together, but wasn’t bad at all.
I wish the ones on my Cats were as small and easy.

pdecat

I have done several myself and would send them to tony next time. he is set up to do everything that is required including pressure testing. The local guys my or may not do it correctly. Your engine is at risk. Even Cummins has supplied the wrong O ring at times. Up to you.

jeff_c

I do mine myself. It's easy especially after the first time when you need to press out the cores. Even the pressure testing is easy enough using a tire tube.

But if you have any doubts send them to Tony Athens at SBmar.

HOGAN

I have done mine myself, it was fairly easy. I got the O-rings from Tony Athens. If I was going to send them out, I'd send them to him.

pdecat

Tony is set up to do proper pressure testing. Cleaning the unit and replacing seals is simple but if proper pressure testing is not done your engine will be doing the pressure testing.