Electrial help

ALKA2710

RO Number
Anyone know someone good with electric gremlins on a boat that's not too busy right now. Have a weird one that I can not fix. Dash switches are out, not the solenoid changed it. Dash works when back fed thru auto bilge switch and turning the manual switch on. Driving me nuts ready to throw in the towel. Thinking maybe a bad ground.

Good and not busy are tough this time of year where are you located?

Doesn't sound like a ground issue if you say the backfeeding power makes it work. Sounds more like a breaker that is either off or popped.

I am pretty sure I found every breaker but will take a second look. Its the weirdest thing. Thought it was dash solenoid and replaced it but that was not it. I have 12v to solenoid in but nothing coming out. When the bilge float goes on and I press the manual bilge switch the whole things lights up. Power out of the solenoid. I have to trace wires that power it unless I got a bad one. Thanks
Al

Solenoids usually have 3 or 4 wires. In and out plus the control wires. The control may go through a switch to ground or it may be powered vis a switch with a separate ground wire to the other terminal. I suspect since you have power to the in side the solenoid is not being switched on by the control wires. It may be hooked to the key switch so that when you turn it on the dash is powered. Look from bad connections or inline fuses in those wires.

Bone354 thanks but I wont get PM could you send an email to alkas2710 rb2@gr5t gmail.com

Back