NoneyaBidness
Member
- Joined
- Feb 3, 2006
- RO Number
- 20148
- Messages
- 4
We're considering the move to a mid-to-large cruiser, from a history of offshore boats. With two young kids, we're more apt to putz around in the marina, or take a day trip with another family or three.
Being raised 30 minutes from the old Chris-Craft factory in Algonac must've put something in my blood, because I just love the look of a Chris. The 41 Commander / Motor Yacht has a lot of appeal to me, mostly because it is beg enough to host a fairly large number of people. Any first hand (or even second or third hand!) experiences with this model? Seems Chris built them for a number of years.
I realize that it is a lot of boat for the Crusader 454's that look to have been the standard power, but I'm wondering what she'll do for a cruise speed. Also, any common problems, years to avoid or pursue (given CC's unstable ownership...), that sort of thing.
There is one 1984 model for sale locally that has caught my eye, I may take a peek at it in the next week or so.
Thanks!
Being raised 30 minutes from the old Chris-Craft factory in Algonac must've put something in my blood, because I just love the look of a Chris. The 41 Commander / Motor Yacht has a lot of appeal to me, mostly because it is beg enough to host a fairly large number of people. Any first hand (or even second or third hand!) experiences with this model? Seems Chris built them for a number of years.
I realize that it is a lot of boat for the Crusader 454's that look to have been the standard power, but I'm wondering what she'll do for a cruise speed. Also, any common problems, years to avoid or pursue (given CC's unstable ownership...), that sort of thing.
There is one 1984 model for sale locally that has caught my eye, I may take a peek at it in the next week or so.
Thanks!