Feedback

Brian N

Administrator
Staff member
RO Number
So, lots of new bells and whistles on the new software. We're open to any feedback or suggestions...

A few big improvements:

1: As many have already found, you can now upload your own Avatar.

2: You can easily upload photos.

3: There are "Reaction" buttons at the bottom of posts when you click "Like", hold the pointer over it for other options.

4: You can have direct private conversations with other users. Mouse over their user name and click "Start Conversation".

5: If you click "What's New" at the top, it will take you to the most recent activity since your last login.

Feel free to chime in with any other features you find that others might like to know about.

There's more to be set up as time allows...

Any guidance on the size of a custom avatar? Seems I'll have to create a very small pic to fit in that circle.
Maybe it's because mine is a rectangle and not a square.

Any guidance on the size of a custom avatar? Seems I'll have to create a very small pic to fit in that circle.
Maybe it's because mine is a rectangle and not a square.
I'm not sure Steve, let me see if I can dig up any details for you...

I like the new feature that takes you to the first unread message if you've read the thread before. This brings it up to par with other forum sites

I saved my profile pic from FB and then uploaded it here. It shows up the same here as on FB. The original is square and larger, also. 2048X1364, 221 kb. I'll load another, bigger file here and see what happens. Well, I tried to load the 1.06 mb version and it's too big. So...I got nuthin'...

In addition to the avatar, you have the option to create your own background/banner - I did not have very many pics on my iPad, but if you view my profile, you can see where the banner shows up.

Also encourage everyone to upload media or resources, on the pages that are found on the main menu - separate from the forums. You can create albums, and do some other things ( that I have no idea what they are.).

And try the search / advanced search. We have the license for the full search functionality, hopefully it works well.

So I come to the site and am directed to reset password which I do and wow! The site has come out of the dark ages. What a big difference! The site is much easier to read and so many more features. It will take some getting used to but a big thanks to you guys for all you have done.
I had some trouble trying to get my check to you with the site address you posted. Please instruct me as to how I can get my check to you. I do not have paypal. Thanks

So I come to the site and am directed to reset password which I do and wow! The site has come out of the dark ages. What a big difference! The site is much easier to read and so many more features. It will take some getting used to but a big thanks to you guys for all you have done.
I had some trouble trying to get my check to you with the site address you posted. Please instruct me as to how I can get my check to you. I do not have paypal. Thanks

Thanks William! We appreciate the feedback and agree on the new site! It's pretty awesome...

If you send me an email at

boateredsite@gmail.com

I can send you my address.

By the way everyone, we actually have a functioning search feature now, and it works great!

Give it a test run...

Like the new site - Brian / Alk thank you for all the hard work keeping BoaterEd alive. Was able to easily reset my password and get my login working. One thing and it's minor, but my original sign up date is no longer showing up - it's blank. I was RO 768 or so and joined in Feb 2000 - kind of a badge of honor, is it possible to update my information?

Also, happy to contribute and re-up my membership when the payment process is working -- I think mine along with some others fell off as Les's health was declining.

Les and George really started something special 20yrs ago - so glad to see it continue.

Thanks

So, lots of new bells and whistles on the new software. We're open to any feedback or suggestions...

A few big improvements:

1: As many have already found, you can now upload your own Avatar.

2: You can easily upload photos.

3: There are "Reaction" buttons at the bottom of posts when you click "Like", hold the pointer over it for other options.

4: You can have direct private conversations with other users. Mouse over their user name and click "Start Conversation".

5: If you click "What's New" at the top, it will take you to the most recent activity since your last login.

Feel free to chime in with any other features you find that others might like to know about.

There's more to be set up as time allows...
L

I must be doing something wrong. I keep getting a notice that the site can be accessed yet I can click on all the forums etc.

Bruce, I'm sending you a private message with my phone number...call me.

Look for the envelope up next to your user name top right of the screen.

Back