Generator won’t pull water

dpil222

RO Number
Put the boat in the water and decided to change impeller on genny. At first I forgot to lube it up, no water. Took it out, lubed it up and worked fine for about 5 minutes so shut it down. Took the boat on anchor and 5 hours later it won‘t pull water? Any sugg would be appreciated.

Mine did that after an impeller change. Turns out that the pump cover was worn and wouldn’t allow suction. Reversed the pump cover after I sanded the paint off the outside. Reinstalled the reversed cover and started pumping water. Turns out the pump covers are easily reversible.

Sounds like you have an air leak on the suction side. Could be a worn plate although I don’t see why it would suddenly happen after an impeller change. How about the gasket? Did you open the strainer recently? Air leak there?

Thanks for the replies. I changed the O ring gasket on the cover when i changed impeller. I can't reverse plate as there is a groove for O ring on one side only. I have ordered a new gasket for sea strainer cover and will replace all hose from seacock to pump.

Back