Gulf Shores fishing

Bill D.

Crazy Old RO
Been at my beach place for a few days. When we arrived I had rough and cloudy water to deal with making things very slow to unfishable. Yesterday the seas laid down and the water cleared up. The Pompano bite was on. I had my 3 fish limited in the first hour, mixed in with hardheads and rays. I used fresh shrimp and fishbites together on same hooks. Some guys next to me where working a little harder and getting live ghost shrimp to use. They were catching 3 to 1 more than I was. With only a 3 fish limit I don't work very hard. What was a little strange was I only caught one whiting. I usually wear them out trying to catch pomp's.

Radioactive

It's a tough job, but somebody has got to do it!

:)

--------

Speaking of fishin, in MS, when you hit 65 yrs old, you ( residents ) can get a free "lifetime" fishing license...

getakey

like I said before, this thread is useless without pics

Bill D.

Crazy Old RO
Same here Bill, bedsides they owe me. All those years I lived in GA I would buy non-resident lic to hunt my own land in AL, simply because I sometimes would go on 'family' land next to mine. No chance of getting a ticket, but I still followed the law. Character is doing right when no one will know.

Last edited:

Bill D.

Crazy Old RO
There you are Get, what fresh caught Pompano looks like...

Bill D.

Crazy Old RO
It's a tough job, but somebody has got to do it!

:)

--------

Speaking of fishin, in MS, when you hit 65 yrs old, you ( residents ) can get a free "lifetime" fishing license...
You need to come over and fish with me sometime before I get too dang old or just take my dirt nap.