IWMSF Insurance

SteelClipper57

Member
exMember
Joined
Jul 13, 2001
RO Number
5318
Messages
99
This is old news but it bears repeating. I've seen their name come up quite a bit on different boating message boards.

If you have insurance with the International Water Marine Safety Foundation, drop it and get some real insurance. They are an English backed company headquartered in Canada (at least the last time I checked.)

Just about every state has a cease and desist order against them for selling insurance w/o a license. Off the top of my head:
TX, OH, PA, AK, OR, LA, FL, IA.
The orders started rolling out the fourth quarter of '03 and are still going out.

That and if you have a claim, they clam up. You probably won't get paid. Period. Here's the clincher, you don't really have any leverage against them since they aren't licensed. The state has very little recourse. In other words, you're S.O.L...unless you want a ton of legal fees and heartache. I know of one successful suit against this company in TX.

If you see their name, run. Run far. Run fast.

Regards,
Your resident evil watercraft underwriter.
 
Back
Top