Navigating new site.

Anchor Management

RO Number
Im having a little trouble identifying new posts from the main page. Is there something I’m missing?

i don’t think this software works like the old, where the forum icon will change color based on what was added since your last visit. It is more like modern email clients - there are messages that stay ‘unread’ until you actually read them ( or mark them as ‘read’).

look at the menus up top, under forum. Suggest you click on ‘Mark forums read’ to start with. then when you visit again, any forum that had an addition will have its icon colored darker. But it won’t change unless you read the new message - at least that’s how I think it works.

in general, to find the new threads and posts - click on the ‘what’s new’ menu item ( next to forums).

also, under the forums menu, there is a ‘new posts’ item. I believe that shows news posts since your last visit. But not sure.m

I have to refresh to get read threads to change. It says mark all forums read??

If you use and bookmark the “what’s new link” at the top of the homepage you will always get the latest posts

'whats new' is the newest posts.

'new posts' is the posts edited since your last visit.

Last edited:
Alk,
Much Thanks to you and Brian.
I too did notice some lag on the site last week. Not horrible, but noticeable. Just mentioning it so you can keep an eye out on it.

It's probably really simple, but I have been unable to figure out how to update the letter in the circle ID to a photo.

Anyone?

RWS

It's probably really simple, but I have been unable to figure out how to update the letter in the circle ID to a photo.

Anyone?

RWS

Create an image in paint and upload it as your profile pic.

Anyone?

RWS
Click on your name on the top line, then hover over the profile pic, Click edit, It gives you the opportunity to upload a pic. You can upload a pic directly from your computer. No hosting site required.

Brian,
Can members use free email addresses? Like gmail? I remember Les didn't want them.

Brian,
Can members use free email addresses? Like gmail? I remember Les didn't want them.
At this point we are fine with it. If they become a problem we may have to revisit the policy. We are blocking a lot of spammer attempts to sign up with random Gmail accounts, but thus far the software is keeping it in check.

As Brian said, the new forum has some tools to stop or slow spam, with no intervention from us. We get half dozen or so attempts per day that are blocked. eventually some will get through, but the cleanup is relatively easy.

No one really has ‘paid’ email addresses anymore, besides their work address. And it’s a violation of everyone’s employers ’acceptable use policy’ to use their work email to register for a forum like this. So not seeing prohibition of gmail ( and similar) addresses as a viable path forwards, or even an effective spam blocking technique.

Back