New fridge can't fit through the door

Carvervirgin

RO Number
A friend of mine has a 1996 370. His original fridge died. He ordered a replacement model using the serial number off the unit. The new one arrived and he cannot get it through the salon door. The unit is too big. Looks like he needs to remove the salon door and some trim. Any suggestions or direction would be appreciated . Thanks

Try to measur the fridge box w/o the door on the fridge. SR is notorious for this trickery.

If that does not work, Google club sea ray. There are a lot of members there who have been through what this issue.

I would have assumed he took the doors off.

I replaced a fridge in our RV and had to remove the doors from the new one. The door in an RV doesn't have a frame that can be removed to get some space. The RV repair people sometimes remove a window, or its windshield. If there IS a giant salon window, might be easier to use it than the door.

yes did he take doors off the fridge?

Even with the door off it won't fit. Had to destroy the old one to get it out.

My friend had a 44 Carver and they had to take out the windshield and drop it in through there. They broke up the old one and took out out the back door. Rusty water leaked out and ruined the carpet. Good luck.
Jim

David had a great suggestion. Lots of info their

Rob

had this problem on a friends 31 Maxum. We ended up removing the door stop block under the helm so the door opened another inch and that did the trick.

Back