Places to go, eat and things to do by boat.

Since this thread is opened up....has anyone been in the Atlantic City area and got anything to report on the Gill Crest Dinner construction...or lack there of....?????

This past weekend I went out to diner at a waterfront restaurant with two other couples....by car.

The name of the restaurant is Antoinetta's and is located at the very end of Cedar Run Dock Road in Cedar Run....just south of route 72 off of route 9.

It was very dark and raining so I couldn't see much when we got there. The hostess and waitress both said that we could get there by boat. There are about 30 slips in a semi protected area behind the restaurant....(you can see it on google maps or google earth).

One the couples lives in the waterfront development just north of this area and they contend that the water is too shallow to get an sizeable inboard boat into the restaruant's docks. The waitress/hostess both said that many large boats, including the restuarant owner, come in with larger boats.

Anyone here have any first hand experience or local knowledge?

BTW... the restaurant is a BYOB....high to moderately priced(we spent $100/couple....for appetizers, soups, entrees and tip...we didn't have dessert and brought our own wine)...food was delicious and we will definitely go back....but would love to go back by boat.

DOES ANYBODY HAVE A CURRENT UPDATE ON THE OLD "ANN'S PLACE'?

Six of us, three couples, went to the Bay View Terrace Restaurant in the Key Harbor Marina in Waretown last night.....

http://www.keyharbormarina.com/

The restaurant is BYOB. The Marina and Restaurant are owned seperately, but they work together nicely. We called ahead and the Marina personnel were very pleasant and we were directed to a courtesy slip on the A-Dock. The marina is an easy in/easy out location, with an entrance channel practically due West of ICW 42 (actually 310 deg).....

You can't beat the views from the restauarant....it's right on the edge of the Bay directly across from the Barnegat Inlet. You look out over the bay and watch the boat trafic.

The food and servcie were both excellent..We shared three appetizers, and each had choice of soup or salad with our dinners. We brought three bottles of wine (I drank water...I was at the helm)....but they have an arrangement with a local liqour store that will deliver your choice of beverage right to your table. We then shared some home made desserts with coffee. All six of us agreed that we will be going back.

You might want to add regarding Beach Haven, that a very short walk up toward the ocean sits the Surflight Theatre. A well resepected small equity theatre that does several shows a season. Not Broadway, but very very impressive productions. Ticket prices are right at $25.00

PS.. I'll echo the sentiments on the restaurant Baview at Keyharbor Marina. Excellent food!

Forked River - Southwinds was sold over the winter & the new restaurant is Latitudes, food is good, reasonable & they also have a bar menu. They opened up a couple more slips to tie up for dinner.

Back