Replacing Trojan 440 Courtesy lights

subsonic

RO Number
Hi Folks

I meant to get the measurements for the holes on both the ground level and radar arch courtesy lights this weekend and just plain forgot :-(

Does anyone know what they are? Done an led upgrade?

Thank you

If the fixtures are still decent, just switch over to LED bulbs. 1/10 the power needed over incandescents and very little heat generated. I replaced a bunch of halogens that I measured to be in the 200 degree range. LED's are in the 120 range.

I replaced all my arch likes with tri color LED lights the old light were starting to crack an looked like crap.

My biggest issue is that I got water in one of the lights, it still works fine but on a cruise I popped the cover off not realizing that the surround and lens were separates. When I flicked the water out the lens went with it! I haven't been able to find the original lights to buy a lens so now I'm looking for alternatives.

As for the Lower Courtesy lights, 2 of them are cracked so I'm going to modernize them a little.

I think I recently trashed the one spare old lens I had sitting in my garage for years. If I find it I will let you know.

Update I just took a look and I have one if you want it.

quote:

Originally posted by Audrey II

Thank you so much! What do I owe you? and how can I get payment to you? Paypal? Venmo?

quote:

Originally posted by subsonic

quote:

Originally posted by Audrey II

Thank you so much! What do I owe you? and how can I get payment to you? Paypal? Venmo?

I don't want anything for it however I'm on my boat on vaction send me a PM with you address and I will send it to you when I return.

Hi Dave, for some reason the forum isn't letting me send a PM. Can you please send me one and I'll attempt to reply?

quote:

Originally posted by subsonic

Hi Dave, for some reason the forum isn't letting me send a PM. Can you please send me one and I'll attempt to reply?

If you don't have an anchor it won't work
Send me an email
David at phonemd dot com

Hi Dave, I just got it fitted last weekend - Perfect Thank you!

Folks

Have any of you changed the lower Courtesy lights? I have a broken one and can't find a match for it. The scew holes are 3inch apart and I'm struggling to find a match or something which is flush mountable and slightly larger so that I can cover up the existing screws.

Thoughts?

Stuart

I had looked them up and they are still available and inexpensive they also offer the same light in LED.
I don't remember where I found it but if you unscrew the light the brand and model number is on the back Google it and it will come up. That is how I found it I just never followed through.

So I think you jinxed me! Today I went to drive my boat and somehow stepped on and broke the courtesy light at the helm. So I guess I will be ordering new lights as well soon.

Back