safety,rules by state,licesning,etc.

grdy83

for the past 10 years i have held a USCG license,100GT master near coastal and the required TWIC card from TSA homeland security.i have no more need for this license and wanted to keep it as it was an acomplishment to get and have it.i asked my local coast guard aux. that if i let the license expire would i still be required to take a safety course if needed by the state in the future and i was told that if the license expired i would need to take a safety coure. i was dumbfounded, i could teach the safety course but i guess if the license expired i would forget all that i know.the cost of renew the twic card and uscg license was to much to keep up and not be using it so i let it expire. i needed a safety course for the state so i took the boater-ed online course and passed that and now have a safety course card that is recognized in 42 states and is recriprocal with all of them. if anybody needs a safety course i suggest the boater-ed online site to get one. it was very well presented and well done,also it was the cheapest of all the online sites.kep up the good work boaters-ed.

Mitch S

Glad to see that you found our card useful! I want you to know that we absolutely appreciate your service in the USCG as well. We are grateful for your service.

Semper Paratus- Always Ready

Mitch S
www.boat-ed.com