SOLD SOLD SOLD - 2009 Regal 4080 Diesel IPS

CurrentSea

RO Number
It is with great sadness that I put my boat on the market. It has been with me for 6 seasons now but I am retiring and heading to Florida and I want to get a smaller boat there and get out of big boat boating for a while.

2009 Regal 4080 Diesel IPS
D4-400
390 hours
Kohler Diesel Genny
2 cabin layout
2 sunpads
Wood floor in salon
Flexiteek in cockpit, swim platform and stairs.
Flybridge enclosure
Cockpit enclosure.
Flybridge cover.
Dash cover.
Raymarine E80
Intellian I2 satellite
3 Tv's
Oil Exchanger
Central Vac
Built in Bilge Heaters
2 16BTU A/C's
Fridge/freezer/microwave
Icemaker
VHF
2 cameras - cockpit and backup
Joystick docking - super easy boat to handle.
Cruise speed 28MPH
Top Speed 33-36MPH
Burn at cruise is around 23-24GPH
Top speed burn 29GPH
This boat is very fuel efficient.
Taupe colored Hull.
Fly by wire digital controls
Volvo EVC to show all motor functions as well as fuel burn.

I have had this boat in all conditions. Boat loves to run in the ocean and handles great. The IPS pods love following seas and I have never found a docking situation I couldn't handle. Boat will move sideways and respond to all joystick movements immediately.

Pics are available upon request.
$175K No Brokers!

Dave 631-897-9318

apfw29.jpg

Dave,
Good luck in your retirement and finding the boat you are looking for. Two words, center console.
Have fun.
Billy k.

Dave: Florida is wonderful cruising. If at all possible move the boat . It will be cheaper in the long run as boat sell at crappy priced.

Wait to see who wins the governorship in FL before moving there.

Politics don’t run my life. So don’t care who is Governor
Thanks. Retirement will just bring some other form of work.
Just not the heavy travel and consulting I do now.
Tired of that.

Thought about bringing the boat south but I will be snow birding for a bit and want to lighten load on toys in both locations.

Don’t expect it to sell fast so hopefully I get another season with it

Figure this gives those interested a chance to think about it and make offers. I am listening. :)

Mint boat, fast and efficient with the IPS setup.

Be cautious about expecting to find some other form of work in FL unless you have it lined up before quitting.

Not looking for work.
My company is already asking me to do part time consulting from home

Great, good luck. where will you locate?

Seems a popular move to location lately.

Welcome to the 'hood. Stay away for a couple weeks to let the dastardly red tide flush out-it's horrific.

Mostly on the West Coast Walt. It depends on the wind. We were at Bradenton Beach last week and took a dose of it on the nose when the wind blew on shore. Lunch at the Beach House restaurant was great but everyone moved inside. Service people were all sniffling and we had itchy eyes and coughed a bit after walking from the car to the inside part of the restaurant.
BUT-
Nice Boat. It would work great for trips to the Bahamas :)
Dave was is the bridge clearance on the boat?

16’

Yeah. I thought about that. I think my bahama boat may be bigger
Once the wife retires we will look to Get a boat to do Bahama runs.
I think I would want more room and may consider a live aboard.

I am sure this boat with some small additions could offer a great time for a couple of weeks to a month. I was asking about bridge clearance for the loop and Lake Champlain. The canals have a clearance right around 16'. Is that clearance to the top of the radar, and does the mast fold down along with the bimini?

Bimini comes off and folds down.
16' is to the top of the radar.
It does not fold but I am sure it can be modified to fold.

quote:

Originally posted by boatbum

I am sure this boat with some small additions could offer a great time for a couple of weeks to a month. I was asking about bridge clearance for the loop and Lake Champlain. The canals have a clearance right around 16'. Is that clearance to the top of the radar, and does the mast fold down along with the bimini?

The Loops current Min bridge clearance is 19'1" to 19'7" depending on tidal pool at the time, it's for a fixed RR bridge near Chicago.
there are some other lower limits in NY & Canada which have alternate routes to compleate the Loop

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/2009/regal-4080-flybridge-sedan-3535443/?refSource=enhanced%20listing

Update on boat:

Still for sale, though I am using it now! :)
I had quite a bit of work done this year since I knew if it surveyed most would come up.

- Complete teardown, boil out and cleaning of Raw Water system (boat runs at temp and never waivers now)
- Removal of both pods (changed prop seals and steering seals(steering seals are now stainless, which is new material Volvo recommends) (This is part of 10 year service, boat is good for another 10 years at least)
- 2 new batteries (starting seemed weak, batteries were original, it was time)
- New Trim Tab Pump (old one died, new Bennett pump installed)
- Ceramic coated (when I prepped for spring, I wanted boat to shine when people saw it for sale, so I had it ceramic coated and it shines!!)
- New transmission on Starboard (ok, this wasn't expected and there was no sign, but when they dropped pod, there was something rattling in tranny and it turns out there was a chipped pinion gear. Volvo said it looked like could of been that way from day 1 and since the pinion gear is designed with long grooves it will operate fine with it chipped. Either way, we made the decison to replace the tranny since you can't just replace the gear. So tranny on Starboard side now has a 2 year warranty!!)

Yes, I put alot into this boat. I love this boat and will continue to use it but for the price it is for sale it is a steal for anyone looking to get into this kind of boat.

I will consider throwing in the slip I have for the rest of the season if needed.
Boat is docked in Riverhead at Treasure Cove!

Back