Surveyor

b_arrington

exMember
RO Number
I need a surveyor to look at a boat located in Kingston, NY. Any recommendations?

I had a very good experience with Al Prisco.

Used Al Prisco 3x and was very satisfied.

Another vote of confidence in Al Prisco. I used him for my current boat and was very happy.

I booked Al.

There was another surveyor that was suggested as well. He was not good about getting back to me. Al was timely, and could do the survey sooner anyway.

I would like to say Thank You!,to all who recommended me. I hope you all have a great boating season. As always if you ever need some incite on any issues with your boats feel free to give me a call anytime.

quote:

Originally posted by b_arrington

I booked Al.

There was another surveyor that was suggested as well. He was not good about getting back to me. Al was timely, and could do the survey sooner anyway.

Can't go wrong with Al,

There is always a contrary experience and opinion. My experience is just that. I decided to just chaulk it up to you having a bad day. Out

I just posted a thread about how happy I was with Al and then noticed this post.
I spent the day with Al yesterday he did a complete survey of boat it was a long day he was very thorough and I feel good knowing my boat it in great shape!

quote:

Originally posted by Audrey II

I just posted a thread about how happy I was with Al and then noticed this post.
I spent the day with Al yesterday he did a complete survey of boat it was a long day he was very thorough and I feel good knowing my boat it in great shape!

That was my experience with him on a long cold December day with non stop very heavy wind and rains in 2016. Including a spirited sea trial on a very choppy and foggy LI Sound up in Westbrook Ct..
We were cold and drenched all day.
Additionally, because I can be kind of anal about things I was attached at his hip all day asking a million questions and he actually welcomed and encouraged it.
While my own inspection before calling on him resulted in a list of minor items that MarineMax had to address as a condition of sale he came up with a few other small ones and a big ticket one that more than covered his fee. He pointed out to them that the bottom needed to be stripped, re-barrier coated and bottom painted. They weren’t too happy about it at all since they had to bring in an outside vendor to strip the bottom, but Al was convincing, the boat was a trade in so they owned it, it was December and they wanted to close the deal so they agreed to it.
They had it stripped in January then did the barrier coat and fresh bottom paint before I took delivery in April.

Joe, I surveyed your vessel ten years ago and the results showed a below average condition vessel with nineteen issues and you still purchased the vessel. I don't know how much more i could have done.
quote:

Originally posted by Joeshoes

There is always a contrary experience and opinion. My experience is just that. I would use ANYONE but Mr. Prisco.

Back from yesterday's survey and sea trial. I'm very happy to have chosen Al. His experience was very helpful and valued.

I hope it went well and the boat did well.

My only issue with Al was his lack of confidence in my driving ability :)

Just kidding but clearly I scared him a bit.

Back