"The Point"

deltabighat

exMember
RO Number
Anyone know how the Mexican eatery formally known as The Point is doing. Last time up on the old swamp I was talking to a local at the bar at the Spindrift and he said he thought the food was ok to good but it was pricey. We planned to go by but never got there

DBH

I wouldn't mind trying it, but it does seem a little pricey for that area, and then there's the $5 bridge toll to get there. Not like there's a shortage of Mexican restaurants right around the corner.

Is there a toll on the Rio Vista bridge now? I have been under it many, many times in the last few years, but have not driven over it in ages

DBH

I don't think there's one on the Rio Vista bridge, but I live just 'this' side of the Antioch bridge and there's a $5 toll for that one.

I planned on going up last Saturday. We got a late start and the weather was not as nice as predicted so we never made it. Yeah, from seeing the online menu, it is on pricey side. I may be taking my Corvette to Abel in Rio Vista for service soon so will hike out to Memos for lunch while the work is being done.

There is no toll on the Rio Vista Bridge, but yes, a toll on the Antioch Bridge. I use Fastrak so haven't paid attention lately to how much it is. Just glad I don't cross the Golden Gate Bridge any more. Yikes!

I finally made it to The Point on Saturday of the Memorial weekend. Was there around mid-afternoon. Surprisingly, it was pretty dead. We went to the bar - and lasted for just one drink. That has NEVER happened there before. There was no music or TV on and it was HOT in there. We asked the bartender to turn something on but to no avail. I really felt like saying - come on folks, liven this place up!!! That being said, the food sure smelled good. I hope that was not a typical afternoon there.

Was up at Foster's Bighorn for lunch today. They told me "Memo's at the Point" has closed already. From the Yelp reviews, I don't doubt it. Guess the 'swamp was not ready for a poorly run, overpriced Mexican restaurant. It will soon reopen as "The Point" again, hopefully like it used to be.

The restaurant business is very difficult anywhere under any circumstances. One in Rio Vista, where the economy is questionable, is really hard. You cannot rely on recreational boaters to keep you afloat.....you need locals to help pay the rent. The only restaurants on the Delta that I know of that persevere thru the years are Al the Wops, Guisti's, Tony's in The Walnut Grove , Fosters, The Garlic Brothers and Spindrift........know of any others?........wait, I forgot about Wimpys.

DBH

Windmill seems to be hanging in there.

Heard The Point reopened a couple weeks ago. Haven't been there yet but it is supposed to be a lot like the original. The reviews I've seen on Yelp are positive.

We drove down there last Saturday and had lunch. Food was good, place was pretty busy, and the service was good.
There was a Nordic Tug get together going on that weekend. I think you have to be at least 70 to own one.

Back