Thought/Opinions - 2002 Wellcraft Martinique 3700

MrsRobinson

RO Number
I looked at a 2002 Wellcraft Martinique 3700 today, and was impressed. It has V-Drives with the Mercruiser 496HOs.

I cannot find anything on this boat doing a Google search. Anybody owned one, own one or know someone who has?

Thanks

Search fritzs fixes on you tube. He has one. Upgraded from a smaller one. Does some videos. might be some Info.

Hard to keep track of Wellcraft's owners. They have changed many times since I owned a 1972 210 Nova XL. (traded in 2000). Not sure who owned them in 2002---Genmar maybe.

Genmar Holdings, Inc. was the second largest manufacturer of recreational motor boats, founded in 1978. It was headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota with offices in Little Falls, Minnesota and Cadillac, Michigan. In 2009, the company filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy. Wikipedia
Headquarters location: Minneapolis, MN
Founded: 1994
Subsidiaries: Wellcraft, Genmar Industries, Inc., MORE

The big wellcrafts have a reputation for stringer problems. Don’t know if it’s deserved or not. I do know that a few years ago there were two late 80’s St. Tropezs in my marina - and both had to do stringer repairs. So perhaps something to look closely at when surveying. Personally, I love wellcrafts, have had one since new in 99 - gelcoat still shines, no structural issues - at least none I know of.

and welcome back!

Last edited:
The big wellcrafts have a reputation for stringer problems. Don’t know if it’s deserved or not. I do know that a few years ago there were two late 80’s St. Tropezs in my marina - and both had to do stringer repairs. So perhaps something to look closely at when surveying. Personally, I love wellcrafts, have had one since new in 99 - gelcoat still shines, no structural issues - at least none I know of.

and welcome back!
Those are the older ones I believe. I read in their literature of their late model boats that they touted an "all fiberglass" stringer system.

That era boat was made in Sarasota. I toured the factory in 2005 when they were rebuilding my year 2000 3000 Martinique under warranty. The stringers were all glass then. In mine it was a design issue, they added 4' to both stringers in the cabin and another below deck bulkhead. I saw several 3700's in the production phase. Nice boat. I always wanted one.

That era boat was made in Sarasota. I toured the factory in 2005 when they were rebuilding my year 2000 3000 Martinique under warranty. The stringers were all glass then. In mine it was a design issue, they added 4' to both stringers in the cabin and another below deck bulkhead. I saw several 3700's in the production phase. Nice boat. I always wanted one.
I think you are saying there are no stringer issues you are aware of with the 2002 3700?

There you go, MrsR! Have you closed yet? :):cool:
Waiting for the seller to do bottom paint and compound/wax the hull. For some unknown reason to me, but to my benefit, he agreed to do this in his classified ad. as part of the sale. Waiting on the shop now, then sea trial and survey.

Last edited:
Back