Trojan 440 express front Speakers

subsonic

RO Number
Hi Folks

Anyone replaced the front speakers in the cockpit? Know what size they are? I'm not at the boat right now but I would like to replace them.

Thank you

Stuart

When you say front do you mean at the helm or the stateroom?
I believe either way they are 6.5" round however most of the speakers require a shallow speaker as there is not much room behind them.
The state rooms have plenty of depth!

quote:

Originally posted by Audrey II

I believe either way they are 6.5" round however most of the speakers require a shallow speaker as there is not much room behind them.

Thanks Dave, The one's on the helm in front of the door. How shallow are they? Will a standard 6.5 inch speaker work? I'm hoping to pout something in with a litte more boom :)

No shallow speakers only ask me how I know :)
There are a few shallow speakers out there that work well!

quote:

Originally posted by subsonic

quote:

Originally posted by Audrey II

Thanks Dave, The one's on the helm in front of the door. How shallow are they? Will a standard 6.5 inch speaker work? I'm hoping to pout something in with a litte more boom :)

I went with the JL Audio 6.5" MX650-CCX speakers. They sound great. They are not shallow speakers so we added a ring made from starboard about a 1/2" thick so they fit properly. The rings are flush with the outside of the speakers. I don't remember the exact thickness so double check it.

Back