Trojan 440 Upgrades, Fixes and Ideas

Watermark

quote:

Originally posted by Audrey II

quote:

Originally posted by Knotayat

It's not the nuts on the back. It's only that small phillips screw. I believe you have to lift on the lens cover, then pull after you get that screw loose.

Correct it is probably just stuck pull out and up from the bottom there are two small tabs on 5he top that it sits on.

Thanks for the advise. The small phillips screw at the bottom was stuck and became stripped. I was able to drill it out but it broke. It's a 3" long screw. I wound up buying a used light at a consignment store for the new screw and gasket. I was able to successfully repair from there.

aenglebert1

Thanks for the update and experience! How did you change out the part? did you have to remove the door or will it tilt enough to change out the rollers?
[/quote]
I had a problem with the sliding door when I purchased and picked up my boat. I didn't know anything about the door then but the broker changed the rollers on the door. It's a patio door roller assembly D-1537. I saved the packaging. You can find it at Home Depot, etc. I've always wanted to fine tune the adjustment but never did. The door has come off the track on occasion so I just lift it up and put it back on. You will have to move the left side of the helm to access it.
[/quote]

Watermark

quote:

Originally posted by aenglebert1

Thanks for the update and experience! How did you change out the part? did you have to remove the door or will it tilt enough to change out the rollers?

I had a problem with the sliding door when I purchased and picked up my boat. I didn't know anything about the door then but the broker changed the rollers on the door. It's a patio door roller assembly D-1537. I saved the packaging. You can find it at Home Depot, etc. I've always wanted to fine tune the adjustment but never did. The door has come off the track on occasion so I just lift it up and put it back on. You will have to move the left side of the helm to access it.
[/quote]
[/quote]
After gaining access by lifting the left side if the helm, we tilted the door back and replaced the top rollers only.

Watermark

I need to replace my Vacuflush model 806 toilet in my aft head since the bowl has cracked. Has anyone found a suitable replacement? This model has been discontinued.

HOGAN

I'm still here!

Had a great summer so far on our 440 express. Last night was our 93rd night on the boat.
Took a 2 week trip to Raystown Lake, and just got back from an overnight at Liberty Landing on Saturday.

We have another month to go before our season ends, not looking forward to winterizing.

aenglebert1

I'm still here. Had some damage from Hurricane Sally in Pensacola FL but she still floats!

Rain shorted out the dingy lift, sent it into the water to it's lowest point during the hurricane and the extra weight from the water about pulled it off. Major fiberglass work to do.

also some scratches and gel coat as well as new fabric top and plastic to repair/replace.

She's still in pretty good shape!

Audrey II

Sorry to hear you had damage!
My season is done hauled out last Saturday. This was yet another great year with lots of good times and laughs something much needed these days!
I'm already making plans for next year.

Knotayat

So, I finally got to the forward exhaust fan. I had to take down most of the wood behind the couch.

The motor is a Mayfair Marine #54121 CE. I ordered a Johnson Pump 54124. Haven't got it in yet, but thought I'd post here in case someone decides to tackle this project as well.

aenglebert1

12/16/20 update.
Repairs coming along nicely, new lift being installed from TNT lifts since original one was not repairable! While out, I having a hardtop installed to replace wings and canvas which should make us almost rain proof!!

Austin

HOGAN

quote:

Originally posted by aenglebert1

12/16/20 update.
Repairs coming along nicely, new lift being installed from TNT lifts since original one was not repairable! While out, I having a hardtop installed to replace wings and canvas which should make us almost rain proof!!

Austin

I got rid of my canvas and wings, replaced with a hard top. I live it! No more leaks and I don't have to deal with canvas maintenance.