What anti-freeze to use for engine winterization?

The old Glycol formulations had a lower freeze point at 50% water mix than at 100%. I would look at the makers freeze chart.

BillK, yes. it's just West marine pricing on boat related stuff. Propylene glycol is pink. where it gets confusing is Sierra Low tox (propylene glycol) used for car radiators for people who don't want to use the highly toxic ethylene glycol. Sierra may not be pink--I don't know.

Sierra is a coolant/antifreeze. I think Amsoil's coolant/antifreeze is the same kind of low tox antifreeze. But the bulk of what is in West Marine is an antifreeze only for winterization. Not for using in the engine when the engine is running for the summer. Typically the pink RV stuff is used for the fresh water systems in a boat and the more expensive stuff with better corrosion properties is used in the engine. But many use the pink stuff for everything.

While manifolds, risers and engines fail from corrosion, I would bet the amount of corrosion that happens over the winter is tiny. Corrosion is chemical and less happens during cold temperatures like the winter. Salt water is what causes most corrosion.

Most people just use the pink RV stuff for the engine and water systems. But there are better products for engines. Better corrosion protection. But how much better?

If FWC then pink RV should be fine for everything.

Back