anchoring boat while diving...

iboat2

Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2005
RO Number
19256
Messages
5
I'm a boater as well as a diver and I'm going to be using my boat for some diving. As a rule
someone would stay topside when the divers are below, these people would watch the anchor and just kinda hang out but at times no one is topside and it is critical that the boat be
where it was left when surfacing. Maybe I'm being overly concerned but returning to the surface to find the boat gone would not be good.
I've not heard of double anchors, perhaps a very
large sand anchor, thanks for any comments anyone may have. By the way the legal distance
in open water that you may approach a boat that
is displaying a dive flag is 300 feet. If you
can see that it is a dive flag your probably close enough. Thanks for any anchor suggestions anyone may offer, safe boating !
 
Back
Top