Boat Controll In Rough Sea's Your Thoughts

LrdWilder

Member
exMember
Joined
Feb 23, 2006
RO Number
20322
Messages
27
Good Sunday All!

As I prepare to put the boat in tomorrow I can't help but be excitted....Last year my wife and I and a few freinds were thinking of making a run from Boston to Provincetown, about a 20 mile run, straight across Mass Bay basically as we got up in the morning we saw the NOAA forcast 1-3' seas almost no wind ect...When we got out a bit we started to notice increasing seas, probably 4-7'..Long story longer, my wife was not comfortable and wanted to make a different run...No biggie so we went elsewhere.....

The question that arises here, is what size boat for what size sea's....I know this is completely dependent upon your comfort level with boating in general and your level of Boat captain experiance and knowledge....

SO what do you as boater think of rough sea's? What size boat do you have and whats your threshold for not going out?? How do you control your boat better in rough sea's? What tricks can you pass along to those of us who have less then a decade under our belts???

Lets Here it!
Thanks!!
 
Back
Top