- Joined
- Jul 30, 2004
- RO Number
- 14642
- Messages
- 2,612
I have had my boat launched in the last 3 years mid March where the temperature averages around 45, may get a warmer or colder day here and there. Splash day is set for 3/16. The boatyard advised me they are beginning my to do list. Bottom paint is one of them; I always bottom paint each year although I use multi year paint.
I use the Interlux Micron Ablative. Someone today was surprised that I bottom paint when it is this chilly out. But the yard claims its ok and it has worked for me in the past.
What is the normal lowest temp that you can bottom paint or does it depend on the manufacture and paint type?
I use the Interlux Micron Ablative. Someone today was surprised that I bottom paint when it is this chilly out. But the yard claims its ok and it has worked for me in the past.
What is the normal lowest temp that you can bottom paint or does it depend on the manufacture and paint type?