Collapsible Cart Recommedations, Please

speedo

RO Number
We can tote almost everything we need in a collapsible cart that's only 18X18X12. Small cooler in the bottom and two totes strapped to the handle on top. Now, however, the dock is way to hot for our Doxie to walk on for any distance. (Personally experienced this yesterday when I blew out a flip-flop and had to hobble back to the boat to get another pair of shoes! OUCH!!) So now were looking for something bigger that we can put her into for the dock walk. A "Doxie Dock Walk" if you will. She's on the large end of the minis and weighs 17 lbs.

Anybody find a collapsible cart they like? (Bill D's beach gear cart is a tad overkill for our needs.)

TIA

If your not going on a surface where floatation tires are needed(sand) it sounds like what you might need is one of the 4 wheel fabric side 'wagons' that fold up. Most places like WallyWorld, target, academy, etc. have them under $50

yeah we had one of those fabric wagons. Worked well. Don't remember the brand

If your not going on a surface where floatation tires are needed(sand) it sounds like what you might need is one of the 4 wheel fabric side 'wagons' that fold up. Most places like WallyWorld, target, academy, etc. have them under $50
I've been looking around at those and there is one particular model that's carried by numerous stores under different names and prices. Lowes has the cheapest version.

Looks reasonable to me. I am a bit surprised that the cost is what it is, until I just now looked on Amazon. I swear I've seen them in stores for under $50, but then again it could have been 20 years ago. <grin>

Just picked up the one at Lowes. $59...but lots cheaper than Amazon. Made of steel, heavy rubber wheels, collapsible, holds up to 150# (For you young'uns, the # is a "pound sign"
😎
) Wheels snap into place, folds up flat enough to store on the boat. Admiral assures me she will be able to keep the Doxie in the cart. (Bungees)

Yeah these are the best. Some have wide wheels so you can use them on dirt or even sand although they’re harder to pull down the dock due to rolling friction

we even tie the handle to the luggage rack of a folding bike... it s a looonnnngggg dock :)

I guess it s cheaper at Lowe’s since they out their advertising on it :)

Yeah these are the best. Some have wide wheels so you can use them on dirt or even sand although they’re harder to pull down the dock due to rolling friction

we even tie the handle to the luggage rack of a folding bike... it s a looonnnngggg dock :)

I guess it s cheaper at Lowe’s since they out their advertising on it :)
Never bought anything because of a logo...but for a few bucks cheaper, I'll buy something with one. I'm not cheap...but I can be had! The other benefit is that when I have a lot of stuff and do need a cart this size, I don't have to rely on the marina's supply...especially when they're turning houseboats.

Big wheels are the bomb. skinny wheels will have you cursing the purchase.
I use mine very often.

Simpler is to just carry the dog. With a cart, you have to keep it somewhere and leave it somewhere.

Back