Diesel fired hydronic heating

George the Hurricane looks like everything I need in a nice package, 1500 watt electric heat element for potable hot water, 5 zones for heat exchangers and zones to preheat blocks and heat the potable hotwater section of the boiler with engine heat when they are running. I need to do the calculations but since I'm not going artic the 25,000BTU unit looks like the ticket if not the 35,000 BTU unit is only a few bucks more and not much larger than a 20 gallon conventional hotwater heater. It also has digital electronic controls which I really like. When the boiler is running it also raises the potable hotwater temperature like an on demand instant heater. Even the price for the main unit less than $2600.00 dollars seems very reasonable.
This will basically replace my existing Atwood 11 gallon hotwater heater and only take up about 10 more inches length wise.
Thanks for the great tip.
Bill
 
Hi Billy,

I was searching and found this old topic. Did you put the Hurricane system in? If so, how do you like it? I have a 1977 45' Chris Craft Motor Yacht I want to put 3 zones, some base board and under counter blowers in the heads and galley.

I see this is from 2010, is anything new and or better?

Thanks for any advise or input.

Billy K.
 
I did install around 17 years ago webasto heaters on a couple sailboats they work great with heater exchangers for water heater and the engine They work great and a very little maintenance. Some Heavy equipment for construction they have them.
 
quote:

Originally posted by BillyK

Hi Billy,

I was searching and found this old topic. Did you put the Hurricane system in? If so, how do you like it? I have a 1977 45' Chris Craft Motor Yacht I want to put 3 zones, some base board and under counter blowers in the heads and galley.

I see this is from 2010, is anything new and or better?

Thanks for any advise or input.

Billy K.





Bill I never installed the heating system. If you are looking at 3 zones you might want to look at installing a diesel fueled marine boiler system.
Bill
 
quote:

Originally posted by Billylll

quote:

Originally posted by BillyK

Hi Billy,

I was searching and found this old topic. Did you put the Hurricane system in? If so, how do you like it? I have a 1977 45' Chris Craft Motor Yacht I want to put 3 zones, some base board and under counter blowers in the heads and galley.

I see this is from 2010, is anything new and or better?

Thanks for any advise or input.

Billy K.





Bill I never installed the heating system. If you are looking at 3 zones you might want to look at installing a diesel fueled marine boiler system.
Bill








I was under the impression that is what the Hurricane is.

Billy K.
 
Sorry Bill K I thought you were asking about the Webasto hot air systems. I was looking at both systems back then and comparing them. I would think the Hurricaine is what you would be looking to install. Sometimes I miss the obvious and don't thouroughly read the thread, it's a fault I recognize and I'm working on it.
It would be nice to know if you install a system what you think of it?
Bill
 
Back
Top