I'm thinking about purchasing a fish and ski with a 2003 Merc 75HP ELPTO with approx 200 hours. I think it is a two-stoke. The boat is just a little underpowered with this motor (18' fiberglass 175 Nitro) but the price seems right and I don't ski anyway.
I'm looking for any feedback on this type of motor. Is it a good over-all motor? Any known issues? What does ELPTO mean anyway? Since this motor is a little small for the boat, should I be concerned with lasting performance?
I've got an older Skeeter with a Evinrude 48 SP now, so this will be a step up. Thanks guys.
I'm looking for any feedback on this type of motor. Is it a good over-all motor? Any known issues? What does ELPTO mean anyway? Since this motor is a little small for the boat, should I be concerned with lasting performance?
I've got an older Skeeter with a Evinrude 48 SP now, so this will be a step up. Thanks guys.