First Trip of the season - South Bass Island

That will relieve some of the congestion. Here's what our view was from B Dock 2 weekends ago.

They are working really hard to get everything done for the 2014 I-LYA power boat regatta 8/6 - 8/10. Almost everything is booked for this event.

Niles

DogDaze finally shows up now that I finally remembered my BE password.. (DAH)

Sheryl and I spent ~6 weekends at Park Place this opening season. It's really awesome to have the ability to make reservations in advance.

A quick note on the docks.. the old Ladd's east wall as it turned out, was 10' over the property line.. & when they went to put the new ones in, they wouldn't allow them to be put back where the old docks were. (I'm most certain, the Monument does not really care either way) Anyway, that is the explanation as to why the docks are so tight.. We basically lost 10' of precious space in there.

I can say the docks have been great w/the exception of the NW'ers.. as they seem to get a fair amount of surge as the water funnels past the new break wall and over to the monument and then back towards the new docks. So that said & after getting our socks rocked off the first few trips and most all of our vacation week in August, I've decided to try to avoid any NW weekends.. We did manage a few 'no rock' weekends, but not till late in the season.

I honestly think we rocked more (surge) in there than b4.. but if anyone might recall, even the Ladd's old east wall did have cribs set down below the water line. I sure wish the new east wall was a solid wall.. but most certain that probably won't change anytime soon.

The new docks were long awaited and make a HUGE difference in the property. We're still very happy w/our membership. We love going and seeing all our new PPBC friends, we love the new 'club' feel. It will be interesting to see what's on tap & new next year. :)

We were up for New Years at the Bay and getting in and out with that big Lazzara sitting on the wall made it interesting. We were on a Dock and had to pivot in order to stern in. The winds were out of the East / Northeast and the owner of the Lazzara watched us pivot and made sure we did not hit his boat, which we were not even close to doing. Fun Stuff.

Back