Gigging Flouder with a light stick.

Thudpucker

RO Number
In the Gulf off MS, AL, LA etc guys are gigging flounder using a Bright light on a stick to attract them. Or maybe light enough to see them.
Have any of you guys done this?

"My tool of choice for this venture is a LED Flounder Light made by SeaLark off the Gulf Coast Fishing Connection forum. This fella machined the end cap, and the lamp cap, shimmed it as well. It is some serious pvc. The battery is a 12v similar to what is found in a deer feeder, or alarm box. Since it's LED I believe it will pull around 1ah and was told this particular MR16 bulb emits around 4-500 lumens. Thats a lot consider what I was told it draws"

I used to do it with a Q Beam and a frog gig.

Bob

I use one made locally. All PVC, with three LED lights. Works great, sure beats hauling a 20 lbs. Coleman Lantern around. You use the light to spot the flounder's outline in the sand. Nothing better than a fresh broiled, whole flounder with a jumbo lump topper, butter and a squeeze of lemon. Gulf coast living at its finest.

Been gigging flounder since I was 8 years old.

I am Grateful for the Camera guys who have the Patience to take those photos.

An ARMY buddy was a Cameraman for Disney on the "Charlie the lonesome Cougar" project.
I learned from that kid, that I didn't have the patience for Wild life filming.

Yeah, videography is tough enough with humans, incredibly challenging to get the "money shots" with wildlife.

I helped put together a training program for CCU nurses many years ago and it involved video. The video guys told us at the time that the ratio of raw to finished footage was typically 60:1. For wildlife, I can't even imagine...

Back