Gulf Shores, West Beach

Bill D.

Crazy Old RO
RO Number
Pompano are hard to come by on this beach trip. However, the sharks are on fire. A chunk of bluefish or ladyfish won’t sit out more than 15 min, in fact some hookups have happened as I was wading back to the beach. I‘ve grown wiser with this hard fighting fishing stuff. my new method is handle the hook-up and the crazy jumps, then let the shark get its first long run over. After that I turn to some nimrod who is watching and say, “would you like to catch it!” They jump at the chance, spend the next 30 min. getting their butt kicked but eventually land the shark, take a few pictures, and I return it to the gulf. A guy today told me “ my arms feel like spaghetti “, I of course felt fine

Pompano are hard to come by on this beach trip. However, the sharks are on fire. A chunk of bluefish or ladyfish won’t sit out more than 15 min, in fact some hookups have happened as I was wading back to the beach. I grown wiser with this hard fighting fishing stuff. my new method is handle the hook-up and the cray jumps, then let the shark get irs first long run over. After that I turn to some nimrod who is watching and say, “would you like to catch it!” They jump at the chance, spend the next 30 min. getting their butt kick but eventually land the shark, take a few pictures, and I return it to the gulf. A guy today told me “ my arms feel like spaghetti “, I of course felt fime
That's frigging hysterical - sending to some fishing buddies!!

The funny part is, they are all bragging to their friends online about the guy in Gulf Shores who let them catch a shark. Well done Bill, you are probably making lifetime memories for some tourists...

I had one spinner that put on a acrobatic show that would make a tarpon or a mako proud. It got a good 15’ in the air 4 times and afew smaller jumps as well. Usually it's just a couple of jumps then they go into the long runs. You would think after 50+ years and god knows how many sharks I would quit this nonsense.

I had one spinner that put on a acrobatic show that would make a tarpon or a mako proud. It got a good 15’ in the air 4 times and afew smaller jumps as well. Usually it's just a couple of jumps then they go into the long runs. You would think after 50+ years and god knows how many sharks I would quit this nonsense.
Well, don't quit before I get a chance to get down there and reel one in!

Back