how do i know where to drill?

rb

Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2004
RO Number
13066
Messages
25
Got an old 18' CC Proline. I want to put some rod holders on/in the gunwales for outriggers and trolling.

I know the areas where I'd like to have the rod holders (basically it's where I can simply lean right or left at the wheel and tend the rods. And, then a pair up just forward of the console so the guy in front can use a couple rods).

There's good flat area along the spots where I'd like the holes to go.

The big question is how the heck do the guys in the boat install/repair business know what's under a given spot, and whether it's OK to punch down through that particular spot?? How can I maximize my chances of the spots where I want to put the rod holders being OK for that purpose?
 
Back
Top