Hi all. I'm installing 10" galvanized cleats in a cement dock and using galvanized lag bolts with lag shields as anchors.
One of the lag bolts snapped off as I was screwing it in. I drilled out the old bolt and anchor but now the hole is a lot bigger than I need.
What do you recommend for the second try?
1. Fill hole with cement and the redrill.
or
2. Fill hole with epoxy and insert the bolt anchor into the expoxy before it sets.
or
3. Fill the hole with cement and insert the anchor into the wet cement.
Or, any other suggestions?
I'm in Florida so I'm concerned about hurricane force winds but the force will be primarily lateral (I hope).
One of the lag bolts snapped off as I was screwing it in. I drilled out the old bolt and anchor but now the hole is a lot bigger than I need.
What do you recommend for the second try?
1. Fill hole with cement and the redrill.
or
2. Fill hole with epoxy and insert the bolt anchor into the expoxy before it sets.
or
3. Fill the hole with cement and insert the anchor into the wet cement.
Or, any other suggestions?
I'm in Florida so I'm concerned about hurricane force winds but the force will be primarily lateral (I hope).