Let's get active

HOGAN

RO Number
Brian and alk worked hard to save this site, how about we work to keep it active?

I'm BACK! lol. I'll poke around again for sure.

Yankee Pitchers n Catchers today - doesn't that mean Hogan's in the water in just over 30 Days???

Here's a little story.....I found a fisher canvas online, used for my boat so I went that way this year. Remember that big snow storm in December with the wet heavy snow, well it collapsed my frame.....snow does not slide off of canvas. Fine, I removed the snow and was thinking of ways to fix it when about a week later, we had a big wind storm from the south, the only direction my boat wasn't shielded from. It ripped the cover to shreds! I decided to remove all canvas and vinyl and not wrap it. Sucks but that's my story....so when it snows, I need to shovel off my boat!

I'm posting even though I'm in Florida.

82 degrees here today........

Ditto down in Florida as well. Maybe we should post about Florida here. Something like the post about nothing LOL.

I was active this morning after my coffee..... does that count?

Here's a little story.....I found a fisher canvas online, used for my boat so I went that way this year. Remember that big snow storm in December with the wet heavy snow, well it collapsed my frame.....snow does not slide off of canvas. Fine, I removed the snow and was thinking of ways to fix it when about a week later, we had a big wind storm from the south, the only direction my boat wasn't shielded from. It ripped the cover to shreds! I decided to remove all canvas and vinyl and not wrap it. Sucks but that's my story....so when it snows, I need to shovel off my boat!
Since I got my hardtop, I don't shrink wrap anymore. Saves me $800+ a year

HOGAN - I'm curious, what preperations do you make? I had alot of bar-room chatter with fellow boaters and the thought is, moister will get into spider cracks or other cracks, freeze and make them worse. I guess in theory that's correct. Other than that and the sun's rays, not sure what the big downside is to not shrinkwrapping if you can take all canvas and vinyl off the boat.

HOGAN - I'm curious, what preperations do you make? I had alot of bar-room chatter with fellow boaters and the thought is, moister will get into spider cracks or other cracks, freeze and make them worse. I guess in theory that's correct. Other than that and the sun's rays, not sure what the big downside is to not shrinkwrapping if you can take all canvas and vinyl off the boat.
Moisture can get in thru condensation under shrink wrap, so I don't see this as any different. I have a mooring cover that I put over the bow, other than that, no other preparations.

It's warming up!

Who is starting to prep their boat for the season?

Chris, not sure how bad your canvas was ripped, but if you contact Fisher, they will come pick it up and repair it, then drop it back off in the fall.

As soon as I finish my last ever cruise on FORD next week, the shrink wrap is coming off and the buffer is coming out!

Got my Scout Sportfish splashed yesterday. Hope to finish waxing the 440 today, as get splashed this week or next week.

Back