Lowrance HDS 7 gps issue

MarkMuck

Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
RO Number
362
Messages
264
This unit is only 3 years old. Recently I have noticed it just automatically reboots on it own while underway. It certainly could be the unit.... But could the electrical system in the boat be causing it.... We have a 1999
Silverton 392...Thanks...
 
Assuming you mean the Garmin 740S and not the Lowrence HD 7? I would check the power connections. This might indicate you have a battery going south. I know this sounds strange but the battery acts as a large transient surge suppressor when the alternator is charging the unit. In addition to checking all the power connctions check, all NMEA2000 devices. Check the NMEA2000 networks supply voltage and all NMEA2000 connectors (one could be lose).
You might want to set the low voltage alarm on the Garmin and see if it goes off prior to the unit self rebooting.
Bill
 
Back
Top