Nameboard on flybridge boat

DaveT

Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2005
RO Number
19310
Messages
78
Not sure if this is something anyone would have ideas on, but this forum is usually a good source of info, so, ...

I need to get a boat's name carved on each of two pieces of teak board - for the nameboards that go on either side of the flybridge of the Sabre 42 I'm having built. I've never paid much attention to boat nameboards, and don't have much of an opinion on what they should look like. But, I'm sure I will have an opinion after seeing it! The problem is that there aren't many boats in the water this time of year so I can't walk around the docks and see what I like.

So, can anyone offer some suggestions as to what looks nice? Should I try to match the typeface with what's used in the boat's name on the transom? Should it be gold leaf, or, painted? Where might I find someone to do the work...

- Dave
 
Back
Top