New to forum - Just purchased a 2000 440 Trojan

jonfraser

RO Number
Hi all.

I've been reading through all of your threads and wanted to thank you all for the great information - it helped me to decide on my purchase. I just acquired a 2000 Carver Trojan 440 Express with a hardtop - currently located in Clearwater, FL.

While the previous owner took extremely good care of it, I do have a few projects planned in the coming year including some teak on the swim platform and cockpit. I look forward to any ideas and suggestions and will of course share my progress with any projects I tackle.

Welcome, you will love the 440! We have four in our marina.

I would love to see pix of the hardtop.

Welcome LOL I think I have a couple of pictures of your boat I saw it last year when I visited the area. We took a short boat ride/tour and passed your boat looked very clean from a distance!

Is this the boat???

That's it! It's still in the same place right now - heading to Clearwater in a couple of weeks to move it. It is very clean and in amazing shape. The previous owner put a lot of work into it and it shows. I'm already set to replace the tables (both cockpit and cabin) with wood tops. Also adding a BBQ - not quite sure where to mount it yet. Does anyone have any ideas?

I haven't mounted my BBQ I just keep it near the helm on the passenger side then move to swim platform when I use it. It side on the upper platform and I stand on the lower one.
One of the others mounted his on a pole to the lower platform and another found an angle pole mount and installed it to the transom near the power cord it looks good if I was going to mount mine I would try to do something like this. You can try to reach out to him "Starry Night".
As Hogan mentioned above there are 4 of us all on the same dock all different years all different but the same.

Alright, first project is done. I had the couch re-upholstered and changed the table top to a wooden one made by a New England artist

29ly2c9.jpg

k52wjb.jpg

quote:

Originally posted by Audrey II

I haven't mounted my BBQ I just keep it near the helm on the passenger side then move to swim platform when I use it. It side on the upper platform and I stand on the lower one.
One of the others mounted his on a pole to the lower platform and another found an angle pole mount and installed it to the transom near the power cord it looks good if I was going to mount mine I would try to do something like this. You can try to reach out to him "Starry Night".

I got the same mount as Starry Night, will be installing it this winter.

I may have to do the same my only concern is the heat and prox to the rear sit? I do like the concept!

It's far enough away and heat rises - no heat issue. I did turn it around so I face the crowd sitting on the boat while I BBQ

Looks great! I would like to mount my BBQ in the same spot. Could you share some pics showing the mounting?
Thank you!

That flooring looks awesome. Do you know the manufacturer and color?

quote:

Originally posted by jonfraser

Alright, first project is done. I had the couch re-upholstered and changed the table top to a wooden one made by a New England artist

29ly2c9.jpg

k52wjb.jpg

quote:

Originally posted by pdecat

Welcome John. Nice boat, enjoy.

Sorry, I have not been on BE in a while, however here is a picture of our grill and mount on our boat.

Back