I'm replacing the prop and cutless bearings on the old boat in about two weeks. It's being hauled for bottom painting.
I've always bottom painted the prop and running gear because it was that way when I got it.
The reconditioned prop that's going on is marine bronze. Seems that it will work better if not bottom painted. Should I paint or not? Is there is a thin paint or finish that's a good idea?
Like I said, it's an old boat that moves at displacement speeds. I maintain zincs on the prop shaft and rudder and keep the boat in virtually fresh estuary water. No electrolysis problems at the marina.
I've always bottom painted the prop and running gear because it was that way when I got it.
The reconditioned prop that's going on is marine bronze. Seems that it will work better if not bottom painted. Should I paint or not? Is there is a thin paint or finish that's a good idea?
Like I said, it's an old boat that moves at displacement speeds. I maintain zincs on the prop shaft and rudder and keep the boat in virtually fresh estuary water. No electrolysis problems at the marina.