Re-Torque the Intake Manifold - GM 350?

CampionToba

Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2006
RO Number
24431
Messages
90
Just looking for an opinon on if it is ok to Re-Torque the Intake Manifold on an AQ260 350 V8? This season, it has developed a slow coolant leak near one of the bolts which ends up burning and creating a pretty nasty smell. I just have one, maybe two small trips left for this season and won't have time to re-do the gasket until winter. If I re-torque, what is the sequence and how many ft/lbs?

Any feedback very much appreciated!

Thanks,

Chris
 
You can try re-torquing the manifold bolts, but if its leaking around any of the corner bolts on the manifold, you probably need to replace the intake manifold gasket. It's not a tough job as long as you have access over the engine to lift the manifold straight up.
 
12 bolt...
I think I would have the pull the engine to replace the gasket because part of the deck is about 3" above the distributor cap
 
there is no fluid there, that is where the exaust cross-over port is. spec is 30Ft/lbs. Engine might have to cause you need to remove the dist first.
Untitledvv_zpse657e64a.jpg
 
I had to pull-or rather lift up at an angle the cockpit deck in order to pull the manifold on my engine. Some builders make it a fairly easy task to pull or angle lift the cockpit deck for access. Your results may vary. Here's hopin a simple re-torquing fixes your problem.
 
I re-torqued the intake manifold, put about 10 hours on it on the weekend - all good! Thanks for the help!
Chris
 
Glad to hear your fix was simple-just keep an eye on it the rest of the season.
 
Back
Top