Utopia at last!

nakalat

Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2005
RO Number
16039
Messages
11
With the record rainfall we have had on the "WET" coast over January and first part of February it was truly uplifting and splendid this last week with the sun finally making more than just a peek-a-boo showing.

With every dark cloud there is a silver lining too! Yesterday I played hooky and went skiing at Mount Washington ( a little over an hour away) to take advantage of the record snowfall up there. WHAT A DAY! Not a cloud in the sky, about 10 degrees Celsius, you could see horizon to horizon on the Straight of Georgia, and all the way to Desolation Sound. For our fellow boaters up here who have cruised Desolation Sound, the view of this cruising area from the top of the mountain is truly spectacular. I only wish I had brought my camera!

An interesting observation too... while it was obvious there was hardly a ripple on the water in the Straight, it was blowing about 40knots at the top of the mountain. What a difference about 3500 ft can make.

....A little stiff today, so I guess I will go and putter around on the boat since the sun is out again.... Life is tough in the northwest.

[:-angel]
 
Back
Top