Washington DC

rawidman

RO Number
I recall from when I lived in MD that Washington DC required any boat operator to carry proof of having completed a boating safety course.

My question is, does the Boat US on-line course meet these requirements?

Actually, I accidentally took and passed the South Dakota course. I moved the mouse without noticing. I was almost through the test when a question came up about South Dakota registration (which isn't about safety anyway).

I never got around to taking the SC test. In SC, you don't have to know how to operate a boat safely (or at all) to operate one.

There's a marina near me that advertises "Boat rental - no experience necessary."

Rawidman and Reel Antsy,

The "Boat rental - no experience necessary" sounds rather interesting... but in regards to the initial question you can always find out state rules and regs by going to www.boat-ed.com and selecting your state. Specific to DC, we actually have a course for DC (http://www.boat-ed.com/districtofcolumbia/boating_law.html). And, it's good throughout the states.

Hope that helps!

No worry now. I went to the local boat show and won a drawing for the Power Squadron course for free. For $15 extra my wife got to go with me so we're now both card carrying "safe boaters".

Back