Unit is 4-5 yrs old. Bought it recently on the cheap, under 300 hrs on hour meter. GAS, carburetor,7Kw, low profile unit, don't have the model number because I'm not at the boat right now. My mechanic called and said he has to bypass the oil pres switch for it to run, thinks there may be a knock. Unless the former owner bypassed the possibly defective switch and let it run low on oil how would it develop a knock with such low hours showing on the meter ? I bought it cheap enough that a tear down to fix the knock isn't a big issue. Hence why I was able to buy it on the cheap. Unit came out of a fresh water houseboat. The exterior paint and markings & scratches are all consistent with a unmolested unit. I suspect the knock developed and he wanted it to go away so it traded to a larger unit. Got no history. No clue who the houseboat owner was, I'm in Indiana, did a road trip, bought it in Arkansas. Any Westerbeke owners - mechanics thoughts ??