What brand of replacement holding tank

flightconn

exMember
RO Number
I have an aluminum holding tank that is starting to leak at the inlet ports (welded joint is leaking). I have looked at a lot of plastic holding tanks on line and they all look pretty much the same.

I will need holes different than what seems to be provided, there are kits for this - anyone familar with the kits?

I think I would like a clean out port. Also, currently my pump out port is on the side. would it work to have it on the top with a tube into the tank that extends to about 1/2 inch from the bottom.

Any advice, proven brands, etc will be appreciated.

Mike

Google up Ronco Plastics dot Net. All of their tanks are a minimum of 3/8" thick. The thinner Todd tanks will permeate a lot sooner. With Ronco, you specify exactly where you want the fittings & what size. I suggest you up size the vent to a minimum of 1". Also I strongly recommend you have the pump out from the top IF you have the vertical clearance above the tank. Roughly you will need 5" minimum.
Good Luck!
Al

If your boating area allows it, you could go with an onboard sanitation system and be done with it.

I concur with everything Lobsta1to say. Ronco is a very good company to deal with. This time of year however, it may take a month or more to get a tank from them, as they're snowed under with incoming orders. They'll require you to send them a sketch, showing where and what size the fittings need to be on the tank. They supply threaded collars with female pipe threads in them. They don't supply nipples, elbows, hose barbs and the like - YOU have to supply those.

David, Mike (according to his home port listing) is from Michigan City, Indiana. That's on Lake Michigan, which is No Discharge - treatment systems aren't permitted on Lake Michigan. Or on ANY of the Great Lakes, for that matter.

quote:

Originally posted by JimPend

I got one from these guys, http://trioniccorp.com/

I got my fresh water tank from them and am very happy with the quality and quick service. I like their Super Premium Holding Tanks but they are limited on sizes; the standard holding tanks in my size only come in 5/16". I have seen many comments saying the tank should be a minimum of 3/8"

The water tanks are 5/16 the big waste holding tanks are 3/8, mine is, and they have many sizes, I don't know where you got your information, but your information is wrong.

quote:

Originally posted by JimPend

The water tanks are 5/16 the big waste holding tanks are 3/8, mine is, and they have many sizes, I don't know where you got your information, but your information is wrong.

Here is where I got the information, I will let them know it is wrong :)

http://trioniccorp.com/standard-tanks.html

S-H2050 Order 50 gal. 37" 29" 11.75" 5/16" $216.00

Flightconn - check all your facts. Their super premium tanks are all 3/8". Chill out Holmes - it's only the Internet !

quote:

Originally posted by jpowell

Flightconn - check all your facts. Their super premium tanks are all 3/8". Chill out Holmes - it's only the Internet !

Not sure why this is becoming a battle of the guy who asked for help and those who are offering assistance but before telling me to check my facts, why don't you read all the posts.

First you will see that Jimpend is telling me he got one from Trionic Corp. Then you will see a response from me saying I like the company, I got a fresh water tank from them, I would like to get a Super Premium from them but they are limited is sizes and that the standard holding tanks in my size is 5/16. Then, Jimpend comes back and says. "I don't know where you got your information, but your information is wrong." I thought this was pretty funny since I got my information from the Trionic Web Site and speaking with Lisa from Trionic on the phone yesterday morning (so you see Holmes, it is not just the internet). So I put a smiley face on my post so Jimpend would know I was just saying "gotch ya" in a friendly way. The help I have received on Boatered has, for the most part, been worth much more than I have paid for it and I don't want to dis anyone offering their help.
So, now along comes Jpowell and in what appears to be a somewhat rude remark, tells me to check all my facts (which I did) and to chill - Really Holmes? Really? Maybe it is time to take my holding tank question to NBR

Trionic is a good company to deal with as well, but they don't have the wide selection of shapes and sizes available that Ronco has. I use them fairly often for my customers, and have never had a problem with them or their quality. For a tank 30 gallons and under, a 5/16" wall thickness is OK. But for 30 gallons and over, you're much better off getting the heavier 3/8" wall thickness.

Dang, I hate being so wrong but I just saw this on the Trionic website concerning their standard holding tanks.

" All tanks can be special ordered with 3/8" wall thicknes"

Guess I need to check all the facts...

I bought a holding tank several years ago from a company called OceanLink in Rhode Island. They sell tanks "from the Ronco catalog" - whether that means they resell the Ronco tanks or what, I don't know. They did custom fittings where I wanted them from a drawing, same as Ronco and I was able to pick an odd shape that fit my space.

The difference was, it was cheaper for me to go with OceanLink based on the total cost with shipping. I think this was because Ronco is on the west coast and I am on the east coast, as is OL.

I'm still happy with the tank, and as I remember, they were good about communicating with me and meeting their estimated ship date etc. So I'd recommend them.

Back