I recently read that the collar zincs for a boat with shafts/props (ie, not an I/O) should have the zincs placed close to the prop, maybe 4 or 5" up the shaft. My dealer installed them last year further up the shaft toward the mid part of the shaft. The silverton owners club newsletter specifically put an "x" over that location where mine are curently installed and an arrow "install here" pointing much closer to the prop. Is there a reason for this? If the zincs are changed yearly (mine are always), they definitely were showing wear at the end of last year (hence I know they are doing their job) in that location), why closer to the prop? Why not closer to the prop? If the surface makes good contact with the metal of the shaft, is that not all that is required? Am I making more out of this than need be concerned with? I did a quick walk around the yard and saw most of the zincs installed anywhere along the shaft. I did not see a preponderance installed any particular location. What do ya'll think?
sal
sal