Trojan 440 Upgrades, Fixes and Ideas

I reach out in the past and was told I don't have a real a trojan! He wasn't really nice about it at the time I left the forum and moved on.

The tent is down in the final stages hope to launch on the 15th if all goes well. Once in the water there will be a bunch of touch-up to do but the boat is looking great at this point and will only get better after work is completed.

Attachments

• 20220325_123247.jpg
    20220325_123247.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 18
Why do you have registration numbers, isn't your boat documented?

Only registered. I never had a loan so no bank ever required it.

It is starting to look like boating season is around the corner

Attachments

• 20170708_213156.jpg
    20170708_213156.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 12
If all goes well I plan to launch on Friday. I'm still waiting for a few repairs to happen this week which could cause a a setback. I have completed all my prep today including commissioning the water system. Connetected new batteries and top off fluids. 🤞

It is time to oil up the teak. We added teak to the back and ran it up inside as well. We really like it and really isn't bad to maintain. Here is a picture before and after the install.

Attachments

• 20180608_153754.jpg
    20180608_153754.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 40
  • 20190704_141613.jpg
    20190704_141613.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 39
The tent is down in the final stages hope to launch on the 15th if all goes well. Once in the water there will be a bunch of touch-up to do but the boat is looking great at this point and will only get better after work is completed.
Very cool! congrats on the refresh.

I had a couple soft spots fixed this winter, and now realize I should have done everything, as the new non skid looks way better than the old now.

I had the entire non skid done and they are going to do another coat as soon as the weather warms up a little. It has been a tough year for repairs when I launched the boat we discovered the ac units weren't working and the cablemaster spun a couple of gears also the refrigerator in the salon died. I have made most of the repairs already the ac units are being replace next week everything else is taken care of. Very expensive year I have spent about $50k on updates this year crazy! At least the boat looks great 😀

It is time to oil up the teak. We added teak to the back and ran it up inside as well. We really like it and really isn't bad to maintain. Here is a picture before and after the install.
Love what you did with that transom locker!

Hello everyone. We have been the proud owners of a 1998 Trojan 440 Express for 3 years now. We've done a lot of work on her and will be doing more work this winter. We'd like to have the headliner replaced in the salon. It's a WhisperWall, which I am assuming is standard. We are having trouble trying to find someone to do the work for us. Anyone have any recommendations?

Stern in Slip.jpg

There are YouTube videos showing how to do it, looks pretty easy

There are YouTube videos showing how to do it, looks pretty easy
I've watched a few of those YouTube videos. Almost dove into the project this summer, but once you start there is no turning back. The thing that gave me pause it that the videos that I've found are really not complete. I've heard that it's and art to get the vinyl taut. The current vinyl that is in the salon is a solid vinyl and we bought a perforated vinyl to replace it because it breathes better and is less prone to sagging when humid. Anyway, the marina where we are storing said they could get it done, but they "may need to fly someone in to do it". That made my wallet vibrate in my pocket!

Back