Trojan 440

I don't think the one I am looking at is going to work unless I use davits. The Avon A11 is 11' and it comes with a 15hp Mercury. Both are 2003 models and the price is right.

What kind of davits do you have in mind?
Are you still planning on adding the extended platform?

I think if I was going to use a davit it would be the Hurley davits. I am actually on the fence now about the extended platform. Initially I felt it was absolutely something I had to have. Now I am not so certain. If I add another 4' to the back I may have to get a different slip or even different marina so it may wait a couple years. We are going to be going at least the first year without it and see.

You would have a really hard time using the Hurley Davits on your 440. They are really made for a platform that is less than 18" above the waterline. If you had the lower extended platform like the one that came on the, the Hurley would be perfect!

John, the garage is 8'7" by 3'8" and 3'3" deep.
My boat came with a davit mounted outside on the port aft corner and I lay it down pointing forward with a short leg resting on the deck. The other owner had a wave runner in the garage.
At first I thought about relocating the davit to the garage but I have found that I like the garage without a davit in the way.

thanks Odvar That is a big help.

370 - That is good information too. Something I will keep in mind.

Just wondering if any of you have cockpit air installed ? Thinking of installing but wondering if it will make a difference without a hard top.

Back