Trojan 440 Upgrades, Fixes and Ideas

quote:

Originally posted by Audrey II

quote:

Originally posted by Knotayat

It's not the nuts on the back. It's only that small phillips screw. I believe you have to lift on the lens cover, then pull after you get that screw loose.

Correct it is probably just stuck pull out and up from the bottom there are two small tabs on 5he top that it sits on.

Thanks for the advise. The small phillips screw at the bottom was stuck and became stripped. I was able to drill it out but it broke. It's a 3" long screw. I wound up buying a used light at a consignment store for the new screw and gasket. I was able to successfully repair from there.

Thanks for the update and experience! How did you change out the part? did you have to remove the door or will it tilt enough to change out the rollers?
[/quote]
I had a problem with the sliding door when I purchased and picked up my boat. I didn't know anything about the door then but the broker changed the rollers on the door. It's a patio door roller assembly D-1537. I saved the packaging. You can find it at Home Depot, etc. I've always wanted to fine tune the adjustment but never did. The door has come off the track on occasion so I just lift it up and put it back on. You will have to move the left side of the helm to access it.
[/quote]

quote:

Originally posted by aenglebert1

Thanks for the update and experience! How did you change out the part? did you have to remove the door or will it tilt enough to change out the rollers?

I had a problem with the sliding door when I purchased and picked up my boat. I didn't know anything about the door then but the broker changed the rollers on the door. It's a patio door roller assembly D-1537. I saved the packaging. You can find it at Home Depot, etc. I've always wanted to fine tune the adjustment but never did. The door has come off the track on occasion so I just lift it up and put it back on. You will have to move the left side of the helm to access it.
[/quote]
[/quote]
After gaining access by lifting the left side if the helm, we tilted the door back and replaced the top rollers only.

Just curious where all the Trojan 440 Express peeps are these days? Haven't seen much here.

I need to replace my Vacuflush model 806 toilet in my aft head since the bowl has cracked. Has anyone found a suitable replacement? This model has been discontinued.

I'm still here!

Had a great summer so far on our 440 express. Last night was our 93rd night on the boat.
Took a 2 week trip to Block Island, and just got back from an overnight at Liberty Landing on Saturday.

We have another month to go before our season ends, not looking forward to winterizing.

I'm still here. Had some damage from Hurricane Sally in Pensacola FL but she still floats!

Rain shorted out the dingy lift, sent it into the water to it's lowest point during the hurricane and the extra weight from the water about pulled it off. Major fiberglass work to do.

also some scratches and gel coat as well as new fabric top and plastic to repair/replace.

She's still in pretty good shape!

Sorry to hear you had damage!
My season is done hauled out last Saturday. This was yet another great year with lots of good times and laughs something much needed these days!
I'm already making plans for next year.

So, I finally got to the forward exhaust fan. I had to take down most of the wood behind the couch.

The motor is a Mayfair Marine #54121 CE. I ordered a Johnson Pump 54124. Haven't got it in yet, but thought I'd post here in case someone decides to tackle this project as well.

12/16/20 update.
Repairs coming along nicely, new lift being installed from TNT lifts since original one was not repairable! While out, I having a hardtop installed to replace wings and canvas which should make us almost rain proof!!

Austin

quote:

Originally posted by aenglebert1

12/16/20 update.
Repairs coming along nicely, new lift being installed from TNT lifts since original one was not repairable! While out, I having a hardtop installed to replace wings and canvas which should make us almost rain proof!!

Austin

I got rid of my canvas and wings, replaced with a hard top. I live it! No more leaks and I don't have to deal with canvas maintenance.

This year we decided to do some major updating. We are having it painted from the rub rail up this includes all the non skid and the arch. This is a larger job then I realized but in the home stretch. Once the paint is finished all new canvas will be installed. I'm very excited to see the finished product!
I stopped by the boat today to see it fully primed and ready for paint. It already looks great! The arch has been pealing for the last few years and some of the gel Coat had been worn through and primer was showing. Most people thought the boat still looked great but it wasIMG_3816.jpg bothering us so it was time.
I will post some pictures soon.
They had to build a house around the boat to do the work in the off season.

Home stretch most of the painting is complete. They still have to spray the non-skid and some hardware like handles and light mounts but can now get an idea of how it is going to look. I had no idea how many stress cracks and minor imperfections there were until they started to do the prep work. I didn't realize what a major job this project was. I can wait until Spring to uncover this beautiful boat!

Attachments

• 20211011_162712.jpg
    20211011_162712.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 16
  • 20211120_144423.jpg
    20211120_144423.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 16
  • 20211103_150743.jpg
    20211103_150743.jpg
    966.2 KB · Views: 16
Almost done!

Attachments

• 20211111_150828.jpg
    20211111_150828.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4199.jpg
    IMG_4199.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 20211118_142656.jpg
    20211118_142656.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 12
Not sure if anyone is still following this thread but I'm wondering if anyone knows where to buy a replacement front vent cover. The large vent in front of the windshield. Mine was damaged during a wind storm. My painter is going to try to repair it but I would feel more comfortable finding a replacement.

Oddly there are more parts available for the actual original Trojans then there are for the Carver version.

Back